Monday, August 6, 2012

Letter from August 6, 2012 Highlights:




News: I just got my 6th ingrown toenail taken out a few hours a go. This is one where the nail had previously fallen off and just grew back completely wrong. La hermana Smith is going to see if they can bring me to a dermatologist to see if there is anything we can do. Her personal belief is that we just don´t rest enough after the surgery. That generally means we would have to rest for about a week after, but because these are so common in the mission we can´t do that. But for at least today I am supposed to rest. And I am on an antibiotic again. It just seems like the trials and challenges never ever stop coming. I honestly feel like this mission has put everything that I am to the test. Everything. 


We have had a lot of challenges this week with investigators. We went to talk to one family about marriage and quickly found out that getting married was very much the hermano´s idea and she was having a hard time grasping it. So she kind of freaked out about that. Later, none of them came to church and so we were kind of sad about that. We did divisions with some members of the ward and my companion went where they lived and supposedly yesterday they received a water bill for 40,000 lempiras and a light bill for 80,000 lempiras. This is something that happened in about 20 days. That is a bill for about 6000 dollars. It is literally impossible for it to be that much. And if they don´t get it resolved here soon their house will be taken from them. But the good news is that there is a member that is willing to spend his own money to help the couple get married! Another one of our investigators, that has become seemingly and seemingly more pilas as time goes on didn´t show up either. He got called into work really quickly, so that was understandable. And also a 15 year old girl who is now working/living with a member family and her sister (who is also a member/works with the family) came to church last week, but not this week. So we will see how it all pans out.

Baptisms also fell this week and will be pushed back to the 18th, which scares me because changes are the 22th and if they get pushed back any further there is a chance I won´t see these wonderful people baptized. I want so badly to see these people enter in this covenant. It is always so amazing to see people take this step. I wish more people would take it! The members and we are going to start working together a lot better and I honestly think we will see miracles happen. Because right now, we have the people, we just can´t be in all places at once. BUT with the help of the members, we can! There is so much good members can do just by showing up and saying hi to someone that is at church. One thing that I wish members would do more is when they see a family there at church for the first time, or second time, invite them over for dinner! If a member did that here it would be a 100% wonderful!

Well, I will stop here. All in all it has been a very good week. Just working on health issues that I never knew I had. 

Love you!!!

Elder Skousen

 
I wonder if Elder Skousen means he is going to see a Podiatrist?  He has had so many surgeries that they have stopped posting pictures of them on the mission blog.  I wonder if he has the record.  It is not a record that I hoped he would set on his mission!  

STILL NO NEW PICTURES!   I am going to send him a new card reader this week, which means that it will be several more weeks before I can post some pictures.  (Note from his MOM)

No comments:

Post a Comment