Monday, August 13, 2012

Another week in La Smith

Notes from August 13, 2012 letter

Okay, to start off this week: thanks for the care package! I probably won´t get it for a while, but we will see how everything works out. I have had 6 ingrown toenails in all. 3 in each big toe. And I am hoping that everything will be fine from here on out. My first pair of eccos have a hole right through everything. As in if you look at the bottom of my shoe while i have it on, you will see my foot. It is good fun. I was going to see if i could make the shoe last until the one year mark, but I think this past ingrown toenail killed that desire.

I was reading in the Book of Mormon about Mormon and Moroni. And how they had to see their entire people get wiped out from the face of the earth. How they, being righteous men full of the spirit, couldn´t do anything to save the souls of their fellow brethren. There is a part in the last little bit of the Book of Mormon where he is talking about how all his family, friends, and familiar places are dead and gone and he has no where else to go. I can´t help but be grateful. I have my family, I have my friends, and I have a very specific place where I need to go.


Even it has been a  frustrating week, I know why I am here and I know where true happiness is found. And that is in Jesucristo. Nothing will sever that tie that I have formed with Him this past year, and I will remain true.

Love
 
Elder Skousen
 
p.s. we went to dinner with a family last night and the hno who is a little bit elderly stared at my name tag for a bit and then all the sudden goes "... hai hittler!". Later that night before we were about to say the pray he does that again and goes "hai hittler! Haga la oracion!" The ZLs were there at the dinner with us. They about died from laughter.  

No comments:

Post a Comment