Sunday, June 10, 2012

It is Elder Skousen's birthday June 13th!



From Paul's letter June 4, 2012
SO I am now in an area called La Smith right here in the city of San Pedro Sula. It is a 180 degree change from my first two areas. It is a city with lots of noise and lots of things happening all the time. It is kind of awesome. 

 I left Coyoles on tuesday and spent the night in Tocoa with the ZLs and everyone else. Then at 2am we left Tocoa to SPS and from then I started working. SO I have been exhausted all week. First two days I was falling asleep in lessons. Fun stuff. But I loved my zone in Colon. It was really hard saying goodbye. My cook cried. A lot. I took a ton of pictures. I will have to upload them a different day, this computer doesn´t have the software and there are people waiting so I can´t upload them right now. But right now in my new district I have Elder Williams from Ohio in it and also Elder Porter as my DL. Which is awesome cause they were like my first two friends practically here in the mission. So I am super pumped for that.
This must have just been a stressful week for everyone cause I have also had a hard time staying encouraged this week. I think it is just cause I don´t know anyone or my directions yet. But it will all come. I have something to learn this change, and gosh dang it, I will learn it!
The church is true! I love my family with all my heart and I know I was placed in this family in particular for a reason. The family is ordained of God. God communicates with us daily through our feelings and our thoughts. He loves us and wants us to be happy and is anxiously waiting to bless us in our daily lives. He has given me so many tiny little blessings. For instance, I mentioned to Elder Ellett the old AP that I knew someone that was coming in (Elder Thalman) and he put is in the same district. Did Elder Ellett do that? (love that kid) yes. But was it a blessing from the Lord? Most definitely.
LOVE YOU
Elder Skousen

This is a family Elder Skousen and Elder Neiswander baptized in his first area, Mezapa

Elder Skousen and Neiswander in Mezapa

The only area with a bike, his second area, called Coyoles

Looks like a P -day activity.  I don't know the story here!

Ocean!  Now Elder Skousen is in the city of San Pedro Sula, but in his last area, there were a few times that he got to make it to the beach.  I bet it was rough to not want to jump in and take a swim!

These are the scripture covers that a member in his mission made for him.  I love them!  These are what I want for him to bring home for me!!


This blog is one of my birthday presents to my son!  I am new to this, so don't expect anything fancy.  I just got his first batch of pictures , so I will post more as I go through them.  We are not sending his SD card back and forth, but he is uploading to Costco for me.  Occasionally, he has time and the right computer, etc, to upload a few on emails, but not often, so I am excited to finally have pictures to share!  Apparently, he can look in on his blog if his family has created one for him.   So... here goes!  and...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELDER SKOUSEN FROM YOUR WHOLE FAMILY!  WE LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment